Peckham Hill Street, South end

Peckham Hill Street, South end

Date: 1930
Dimensions:
431.8 x 584.2 mm
Medium: Etching
Object number: GA0244
DescriptionPeckham Hill Street commemorates the Hill family who at the end of the eighteenth century owned the Manor at Peckham. The street was known in former times as Lord Lane. It lay across Peckham Park and ended at Peckham Gap, Old Kent Road, where Peckham Park Road now terminates at the "Shard Arms." Housing operations began at the end of the eighteenth century and in 1814 St. Chrysostoms Church was built to meet the needs of the neighbourhood.